The MCC website is a platform to exchange information regarding moots and for communication between students and the committee regarding their grievances relating to anything in reference to moot and to answer their queries regarding moot competitions, screening, scores, selection process, registration process, etc. Click here to read more…
- The details of the Moot Court Competitions for the year 2020 are herein mentioned.
- The Deadline of Registration for each Moot is one day prior to the Screening for the Moot.
|Sl No.||Name of the Moot||Organising College||Date of Screening||Last date of Registration for the Moot||Date of Moot||Faculty Mentor||MCC Team Manager|
|1||18th Surana and Surana National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition||JSS Law College, Mysuru||20th January, 2020||20th January, 2020||7th – 9th February, 2020||Mr. Vivek||Shriraja|
|2||3rd National Moot Court Competition 2020||Anand Law College and Anand College of legal studies||25th January, 2020||1st February, 2020||22nd – 23rd February, 2020||Ms. Ankita Rituraj||Gauri|
|3||Surana & Surana and Dr. M. S. Ramaiah College of Law National Tort Law Moot Court Competition & Judgement Writing Competition, 2020||Ramaiah College Of Law||30th January, 2020||13th – 15th March, 2020||Ms. Anusha M V||Simpy|
|4||5th Anand Swaroop Gupta Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2020||School of law, Sharda University||17th February, 2020||21st February, 2020||19th-21st March, 2020||Mr. Ashwary Sharma||Yeshwanth|
|5||Justice Bodh Raj Sawhny Memorial Moot||NALSAR||25th January, 2020||6th – 8th March, 2020||Ms. Kavyashree||Arushi|
|6||5th VITSOL National Moot Court Competition on International Law||VIT School of Law, VIT Chennai||1st February, 2020||10th February, 2020||20th – 22nd March, 2020||Mr. Ayush Jha||Nikhil|
|7||2nd Vox Anatolis National Moot Court Competition, 2020*||National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam||28th January, 2020||6th February, 2020||6th – 8th March, 2020||Mr. Ashwary Sharma||Diksha Pherwani|
|8||29th All India Moot Court Competition 2020*||Kerala Law Academy, Thiruvanathapuram||20th January, 2020||23rd January, 2020||6th – 8th February, 2020||Mr. Ayush Jha||Manasvi|
- Contact information for Moot Nos. 3 and 5 is Simpy (9515266765) and Arushi (7470564898) respectively.
- Link to Register You can fill this form only by signing in using your college email id (@klelawcollege.org). If the form is not opening, then try logging in to your college email id in the “Incognito Window” (which you can open by pressing Cntrl+Shift+N) then open the form in that window.)
- Points to Note: The ONLY way to register for a screening is from the MCC Website. Please do not approach the faculty mentor personally for registration.
Congratulations to the members of Team Hari Singh Gour on winning the Intra College Moot Court Competition – November 2019!
The Following are the rest of the winners of the event.
|Winners||Team – Hari Singh Gour|
|1st Runners||Team – Koka Subba Rao|
|2nd Runners||Team – Ram Jethmalani|
|Best Speaker||Yeshwanth – Team: Hari Singh Gour|
|Most Promising Advocate||Simpy – Team: Hidayathulla|
|Best Presentable Advocate||Elam Parutti – Team: Ranjan Gogoi|
|Best Plaintiff Counsel||Athira – Team: Madhava Menon|
|Best Defendant Counsel||Varsha – Team: Ram Jethmalani|
|Best Memorial||Team – Hari Singh Gour|
TEAMS QUALIFIED FOR SEMI FINALS:
RAM JETHMALANI :
- Speaker 1 – Sristi Bubna
- Speaker 2 – Varsha M Ashok
- Researcher – Surya JN
N.R. MADHAVA MENON
- Speaker 1 – Athira Nair
- Speaker 2 – Aisiri V. Swamy
- Researcher – Diksha Pherwani
HARI SINGH GOUR
- Speaker 1 – Anagha Narasimha CN
- Speaker 2 – Yashwanth Netaji
- Researcher – Preetham
KOKA SUBBA RAO
- Speaker 1 – BR Sharan
- Speaker 2 – Adithya Nayak
- Researcher – Soumyaneel Das
In light of the updates regarding the academics, the Moot Court Competition which was scheduled on 18th and 19th of November is postponed to 27th and 28th of November and in relation to the same, please note the following change of dates:
Memorial Submission – 25th November
Dates of the Event – 27th, 28th November
With the extension of the days, there will be measures taken to hold a Formal Memorial Preparation session which shall be notified on a later date. We hope you utilize the extension to a good use and be better prepared.
- This competition is open only for 1st year students of K.L.E. Society’s Law College
- Date of the Competition – 18th and 19th November 2019
- Last Date for Registration – 10th November 2019
- Click here to Register for the Moot
- The competition is open for all the students of 1st Year LL.B., B.A.LL.B., B.B.A.LL.B and B.Com LLB.
- The language of the competition shall be English.
- The competition shall be conducted in three rounds: preliminary, semi-final and final.
- The last date of registration is 10th November 2019.
- The participants have to frame arguments from both the sides.
- A Moot court Guidance/Clarification session will be organized on the 11th of November 2019. Only the students who have registered prior to the same, will be allowed to attend.
- Certificate of Participation shall be given to all the participants.
- Prizes for Winners and Runners-up shall be given on the Annual Day.
- Students can register individually or as a team of two or three.
- In case of individual registration, the MCC will pair the students who have registered individually and make a team.
- Each team shall consist of at least two speakers and shall not exceed three members. In case of a three-member team, one of the members shall be the researcher.
- A team may comprise of students from different classes.
- The oral rounds will take place on 18th and 19th November 2019.
- Fixtures will be decided by the Moot Court Committee and communicated to teams on 17th November 2019.
- The team codes will be informed to teams on 17th November 2019.
- Each team will get 20 minutes to present its arguments in preliminary round and 30 minutes in semi-final and final rounds. No speaker shall take more than 15 minutes to present his arguments and each Speaker will be assessed individually.
- Each team shall submit two copies of memorial from both sides before 5 p.m. on 16th November 2019.
- The contents of the memorial shall be in the following order:
- Title page
- Index of Authorities
- Table of Cases
- Statement of facts
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Summary of Arguments
- Arguments Advanced
- The memorial shall be typed and printed on one side of A4 size paper with 12 font size with Times New Roman font style and 1.5 spacing. The total number of pages shall not exceed 25 pages.
- The students may choose any standard form of citation and the same shall be uniformly followed in preparing the memorials.
- All the participants shall strictly follow the dress code prescribed for advocates, i.e., white shirt, black trousers, formal shoes. However, the female participants are allowed to wear Indian formals of white colour.
- Last date of registration – 10th November 2019
- Moot Guidance/Clarification Session – 11th November 2019
- Team code allotment – 15th November 2019
- Last date of submission of memorials – 16th November 2019
- Draw of lots for preliminary rounds – 17th November 2019
- Communication of fixtures – 17th November 2019
- Oral rounds – 18th and 19th November 2019
- Researchers Test (only for researcher in a 3 member team) – 20th November 2019
For any queries, please write to us at email@example.com.
The candidates who did not appear for the screening after registering themselves are banned from appearing in the upcoming 2 Moot Court Screenings in consonance with the Protocols laid out, which may be found on our Homepage. The screening was scheduled on the 30th of October 2019. The Candidates may opt to raise a dispute if the ban imposed seems unreasonable. The Banned candidates are as below
- Sanjay Kumar B
- Muskaan Sharma
- Arijit Biswas
- Prarthana P N
- Vishnu Priya
The following team has been selected to represent our College in The Amity National Moot Court Competition. The event is scheduled to be held from 15th to 17th of November. Wishing all the very best to:
- Ms Sheethal Agarwal
- Ms Pankhudi Tiwari
The Participants are notified to stay in association with their Manager, and Mentor to schedule practice screenings or for any assistance. It is also bought to their attention about the post moot submission requirements, which they may make during the course of their participation.