- This competition is open only for 1st year students of K.L.E. Society’s Law College
- Date of the Competition – 18th and 19th November 2019
- Last Date for Registration – 10th November 2019
- Click here to Register for the Moot
- The competition is open for all the students of 1st Year LL.B., B.A.LL.B., B.B.A.LL.B and B.Com LLB.
- The language of the competition shall be English.
- The competition shall be conducted in three rounds: preliminary, semi-final and final.
- The last date of registration is 10th November 2019.
- The participants have to frame arguments from both the sides.
- A Moot court Guidance/Clarification session will be organized on the 11th of November 2019. Only the students who have registered prior to the same, will be allowed to attend.
- Certificate of Participation shall be given to all the participants.
- Prizes for Winners and Runners-up shall be given on the Annual Day.
- Students can register individually or as a team of two or three.
- In case of individual registration, the MCC will pair the students who have registered individually and make a team.
- Each team shall consist of at least two speakers and shall not exceed three members. In case of a three-member team, one of the members shall be the researcher.
- A team may comprise of students from different classes.
- The oral rounds will take place on 18th and 19th November 2019.
- Fixtures will be decided by the Moot Court Committee and communicated to teams on 17th November 2019.
- The team codes will be informed to teams on 17th November 2019.
- Each team will get 20 minutes to present its arguments in preliminary round and 30 minutes in semi-final and final rounds. No speaker shall take more than 15 minutes to present his arguments and each Speaker will be assessed individually.
- Each team shall submit two copies of memorial from both sides before 5 p.m. on 16th November 2019.
- The contents of the memorial shall be in the following order:
- Title page
- Index of Authorities
- Table of Cases
- Statement of facts
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Summary of Arguments
- Arguments Advanced
- The memorial shall be typed and printed on one side of A4 size paper with 12 font size with Times New Roman font style and 1.5 spacing. The total number of pages shall not exceed 25 pages.
- The students may choose any standard form of citation and the same shall be uniformly followed in preparing the memorials.
- All the participants shall strictly follow the dress code prescribed for advocates, i.e., white shirt, black trousers, formal shoes. However, the female participants are allowed to wear Indian formals of white colour.
- Last date of registration – 10th November 2019
- Moot Guidance/Clarification Session – 11th November 2019
- Team code allotment – 15th November 2019
- Last date of submission of memorials – 16th November 2019
- Draw of lots for preliminary rounds – 17th November 2019
- Communication of fixtures – 17th November 2019
- Oral rounds – 18th and 19th November 2019
- Researchers Test (only for researcher in a 3 member team) – 20th November 2019
For any queries, please write to us at email@example.com.