The Intra Moot Court Competition 2020 shall be conducted online. The Court Rooms shall be created online on Google Meet with the Judges and the Counsels of both sides.
The students interested in taking part in the Intra Moot Competition 2020, kindly go through the rules mentioned below and register for the same through the Google Form.
- The competition is open for all the students of LL.B., B.A.LL.B., B.B.A.LL.B and B.Com LLB.
- The competition will be conducted on two levels: Junior and Senior
- Problem No.1 shall be for the Senior level consisting of students from I, II and III year of 3 Year LLB and III, IV and V year B.A.LL.B. and B.B.A.LL.B. students.
- Problem No.2 shall be for Junior division consisting of I and II year B.A.LL.B., B.Com.LL.B. and B.B.A.LL.B. students.
- The language of the competition shall be English.
- The competition shall be conducted in three rounds: Memorial Selection, Semi-final and Final.
- The last date of registration is 10th May
- The participating teams have to frame arguments from both the sides.
- Certificate of Participation shall be given to all the participants.
- Winners and Runners Up shall be awarded prizes
- Students can register as a team of two.
- A team may comprise of students from different course/class.
- A team comprising of a student from the Junior Division and Senior Division will compete with the teams from Senior Division.
The oral rounds will take place in two stages – Semi Final and Final. Top 4 memorials from the Junior Division and Top 4 memorials from the Senior Division shall be shortlisted.
The Semi Final rounds will take place for the 2 divisions separately and the winners will qualify for their respective Finals.
- The oral rounds will take place on May 28th and 29th May
- Fixtures will be decided by the Moot Court Committee on a Live Video Session.
- The team codes will be informed to the teams at a relevant stage.
- Each team will get 20 minutes to present its arguments in the Semi Final rounds and 30 minutes in the Final rounds. No speaker shall take more than 10 minutes in the Semi Final rounds and 15 minutes in the Final rounds to present their arguments. Each Speaker will be assessed individually.
Each team shall submit memorial from both sides before 11:59 p.m. on May 25th to the MCC
The contents of the memorial shall be in the following order:
- Title page
- Index of Authorities
- Table of Cases
- Statement of facts
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Summary of Arguments
- Arguments Advanced
- The memorial shall be typed with 12 font size with Times New Roman font style and 1.5 line spacing.
- Suggested page limit is 30 pages. Students are free to take as many pages as they require for their memorial.
- The students may choose any standard form of citation and the same shall be uniformly followed in preparing the memorials.
- All the participants shall strictly follow the dress code prescribed for advocates, i.e., white shirt, black trousers, formal shoes. However, the female participants are allowed to wear Indian formals of white colour.
- Last date of registration – 10th May
- Team code allotment – 15th May
- Last date of submission of memorials – 25th May
- Draw of lots for preliminary rounds – 26th May
- Communication of fixtures – 26th May
- Oral rounds – 28th/29th May
1. All clarifications must be sought through the official Email ID of MCC
2. The Participating team members must make arrangements for a proper internet connection and a device to be part of various online conferences
3. The participating teams are notified to refrain themselves from approaching the problem drafter personally on any kind of discussions on the Moot Proposition. Individuals found to be doing so will attract a disqualification of their team.
4. KLE Law College MCC official Email ID – email@example.com